Wednesday, April 14, 2010

About the Chef

Courtney Jones, CC

This is my first attempt at a blog, ever, so hopefully I won't screw it up too badly. I basically needed a way to document the cakes and other baked goodies I make for my business (Miss Jones Catering and Cakes) so, here goes!

A little about me: By day, I work as a store manager. Looking for a creative outlet, I took 3 years out of my life and went to culinary school (while still working 50+ hours a week, of course). Now, here I am, juggling the day job and baking like a mad-woman often times.

I get asked A LOT where I learned to work with fondant and create these cakes like I do and it is often assumed that I learned my craft in culinary school. I did learn a TON in culinary school but we never once did work with fondant. YouTube has been a great resource for me, as far as "how to", "tips" and even some "cake ideas." So basically, I learned how to make cakes off of YouTube and lots of patience, trials and errors. There is a YouTube video for just about everything! My friends and neighbors are often the recipients of my little "experiments" in the kitchen.


If you have any comments or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. Plus, I really hope you enjoy reading about the baked goodies as much as I enjoy making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment